Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween and when I say that I mean I REALLY love Halloween! 
 It was always my favorite holiday growing up and still is today!
Here's a brief summary of why I love Halloween!!First and foremost fall is by far the best season so Halloween always has a little of that leaves changing, crisp air, bonfire smell to me. Next, when I was little Halloween always meant rushing home from school or leaving early so we could get dressed up and then head to Grandma Gerkie's to Trick-or-Treat with ALL of my cousins!!! And don't get me started on Trick-or-Treating.....Trick-or-Treating meant starting at dusk and walking up and down streets asking for candy from complete strangers until every light was turned off. It meant filling up a pillow case full of candy and not getting to stop even if you were falling asleep on the sidewalk! Once my cousins and I were slightly older Halloween took on a new meaning when my mom along with my aunts and uncles started taking us to haunted houses to scare the mess out of us and then laugh about it!!!
Last year Braxton was only 8 weeks old when my favorite holiday rolled around which meant we had to start small. We spent the afternoon at the Fayetteville Square watching some friends Trick-or-Treating! We then spent the evening at Uncle Kyle and Aunt Lulu's house passing out candy! Braxton slept through much of the event!!



This year Braxton was old enough so we could really enjoy the holiday. We started the afternoon at the Fayetteville square for some daytime Trick-or-Treating. Then we headed over to our friends Owen & Ava Kate's house for the good stuff! We went Trick-or -Treating and Braxton did excellent riding in his truck door to door! We were probably out for about an hour this year before festivities were cut short when Braxton decided to poop in his costume...hehe



Overall we had a great time and we discovered that Braxton loves candy!! I cannot wait until next year to do it all over again! I hope that I pass on my excitement over Halloween to Braxton so that he has fond memories of a fun, family holiday as an adult!

No comments:

Post a Comment