Friday, December 20, 2013

Decking the halls...

There is not much in the world that is cozier than cuddling up on the couch in a dark room with a beautifully decorated Christmas tree lit up and a Christmas candle burning! Mindlessly staring at a Christmas tree is therapeutic to me and turning on those little lights is the first thing I do on most evenings when Braxton and I get home. 


This year I decided that in addition to our big family tree in the living room, Braxton also needed his very own tree in his room to admire. In the perfect dream world in my head I imagined him laying in his crib and staring at the lights as he drifted to sleep. In reality, the lit tree is a huge distraction at bedtime so it must be unplugged before the milk and storytime segment of our evening. 




I decorated his tree with Santa but decided that it had to be personalized so I placed our favorite Instagram pictures from 2013 on his tree. Braxton loves to run into his room and point at each of the pictures one by one. He stands and points while listening to you label each person in the pictures which are mostly all Braxton because let's face it he was our favorite thing about 2013!! Most of our evenings consist of a 5 minute period of Him pointing, me stating that's Braxton and him repeating "B" over and over! And as if this routine could handle anymore cuteness, B also must lean in and land a big fat smooch on several of the pictures each time.
So glad my little man loves his tree but even more so I'm so glad he is already so sweet and affectionate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment