Sunday, November 9, 2014

Braxton's 2nd Birthday Bash

Who knew planning a toddler birthday party could be so stressful and overwhelming?! All mommas of "littles" who let pinterest get the best of them during the party planning process, of course. Ha! 
I knew that we had to incorporate Mickey Mouse this year because my sweet guy LOVES all things Mickey! I also knew I DID NOT want the party at my house;) We decided to have a Mickey Mouse Splish Splash party at the Bentonville splash pad which just happens to be one of our very favorite summer hangouts. Planning ensued with all the details such as decorations, food, and invitations coming from the inspiration of pinterest. 
Planning an outdoor birthday party is always a gamble. Last year, Braxton's party was in the backyard and it was so hot and so sunny. This year we woke up to temperatures in the 50s and rain. Obviously a splash pad party was out of the question so we changed the location to Children's Therapy TEAM at the last minute with permission from my boss.



What a blessing in disguise!! The kiddos had a blast playing on the trampoline, in the ball pit, on the swings, and most importantly on the zip line!!! The colorful walls were a great background for pictures and the kiddo sized tables were perfect for the little ones to sit and have a snack at. 


Braxton did a great job with all the attention when everyone sang "Happy Birthday." He got pretty excited about the candle and like a little magician he put it out with his fingers before I could stop him. He was fine and my face is pretty funny. Hehe




Next was presents and Braxton's reaction was priceless. He had a remark or comment for each gift, opened all gifts without a meltdown, and even managed thank you's for everyone!!! I wish we would have videoed his excitement for "snorts", "Piggie sooie", "planes", and "mickey mouse"!
Overall, the party went off so seamlessly and Braxton's sweet demeanor and excitement made it all worthwhile!! I cannot believe that my baby boy is 2 now but I am happy that I have a whole year before I have to plan another birthday blowout!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment