Saturday, March 21, 2015

C-section Day....3/3/15

On the night before the scheduled c-section I was not allowed any food or drink after midnight. They also should have added no sleep because of course you are not able to truly sleep well when you are anxious and excited. 
We had to be at the hospital Tuesday morning at 9:00AM which was great because it gave me some snuggle time with Braxton before we left. Our C-section was scheduled at noon but Dr. Collins was running ahead of schedule so into the operating room we went at 11:15. 

A C-section is terrifying because lets face it, all surgery is scary and a C-section is a surgery in which the patient is awake. Overall though, this C-section was so much more mommy/baby centered than Braxton's birth. 
Of course Luke was right beside me but with this delivery we were allowed to bring our camera into the operating room, a labor and delivery nurse took pictures for us, and Beckett was allowed skin-to-skin time immediately after delivery while my doctor was still finishing up with my surgery. After delivery, Luke went with Beckett to the nursery and they were both back with me in the recovery room within 10 minutes!  After my 2 hours in the recovery room and after Beckett had adequate time to nurse we were transferred to our room so Beckett could meet all his family!




No comments:

Post a Comment