Saturday, January 17, 2015

Operation Big Boy Room: Crib Eviction

With Beckett on his way in March, we had no choice but to begin the crib eviction process with Braxton. This only meant one thing for Braxton Cole.....a big boy room! I knew I wanted Braxton's big boy room to be navy and grey which meant daddy had painting to do. I also hunted long and hard for a vintage twin sized wrought iron bed for Luke to paint. 
Braxton testing out his new bed
While exploring his new bed, this happened!! Jeez....talk about a heart attack. I added a bumper from his crib at the bottom so his noggin can no longer fit.
Luke knew that he wanted to keep Braxton's barn doors intake and a deer mount would make his dreams come true. Ha! With these things in mind, we started the process of making Braxton a super cool "big boy room" so he wouldn't bat an eye at the thought of losing his bed. 
 Braxton started sleeping in his big boy bed on October 25th. That night I found him curled up on the floor on the blue rug. He never made a peep so I have no idea what happened. I assume he either fell out or he climbed out and could not get back in. It broke my mommy heart to think my baby slept on the floor. The next day I bought a safety rail and we have had no more issues. Sometimes we find him with his head on his nightstand but he rarely wakes up. Apparently he still doesn't know he can climb out without permission;)
Now that Braxton sleeps in a big boy bed, we do bedtime stories and snuggles in the bed instead of his chair. The chair has since moved to Beckett's room and as a replacement we did an art corner with table, chairs, magnet board, and art supplies. Braxton likes sitting at his table to do his "work" and I love how the corner turned out!!
Braxton helping to hang his magnet board
Braxton kept his dresser so the shelves on the hutch needed a little TLC to be big boy suitable. 

After all was said and done, I LOVE the way Braxton's room turned out. It is functional with plenty of floor space for Braxton to play. Plus it's super cute in my opinion!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment