Monday, April 13, 2015

Home sweet home....1st baths

With Braxton I had all these predisposed ideas about how fun and relaxing baths were going to be when we got home from the hospital. Those ideas quickly flew out the window when I realized baths were terrible with a newborn. The baby is cold and screaming along with wet, slippery, and squirmy. It's a high stress situation for everyone involved. And then just when you think it is over you have to lotion and dress said cold, screaming infant. But then sweet victory is yours as you cuddle the fuzzy haired, sweet smelling, soft skinned infant in your arms. 

I was prepared with Beckett. My goal...as quick as humanly possible in a bathroom heated to sauna level with a space heater. The first baths were still not picture perfect as I once dreamed but they were no longer a high stress situation. 
Sponge bath



Bath with daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment